It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken .... even if it’s just a photo on an iphone that is taken by a friend, we still want to look nice, make sure nothing is in our teeth and that our hair is behaving! I realize that preparing for your engagement session can be a little overwhelming. Here are some tips for outfits and accessories that will make the e-shoot preparation a little more managable!
APROXIMATE START TIMES
During December through Mid-March you can plan on your engagement session taking place around 3-5pm. However, the time changes in Mid-March and so that will make the start time one hour later.
April-May - Varies
The sunset time drastically changes throughout the course of these two months and so our shooting times change as well. You can plan on approximately 5:30-7:30 in April and 6:00-8:00 in May.
Don’t try to MATCH...try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead. If everyone wore the same exact color at their e-shoot, how boring would those images be?
- Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces and fun shoes are always welcomed!
- MOST PATTERNS are actually ok.... however, graphics are not favorable for portraits. If you’re wearing a pattern, make sure it’s not overwhelming and distracting.
- Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards for more outfit inspiration if you’re having trouble!
- Empty your pockets! Literally. You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
Summer engagements, just like all engagements, take place two hours before sunset. This will hopefully mean that the shoot will be during the cooler part of the day.
Sep-Nov - Varies
The sunset time changes drastically during these three months. In Sep, you can plan on 5:30-7:30 until the third week and then you can plan on 5:00-7:00 until Mid- Oct. After the first week of Nov, 3:00-5:00pm.
Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! This will give your shoot two totally different “looks”. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first!
- Make sure you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing. And ladies, if the top is super low cut, that will limit the amount of angles I can shoot from.
- BE ON TIME! The sun is only out for so long ! The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! And nobody wants that!
- Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few rings shots while you change outfits! The cleanerthe better!
- Relax! You don’t have to be a pro at this! I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together and make a date out of it! Plan dinner afterwards and celebrate!!